Product Architect – Embedded
Location: WiSilica Cochin Development Center
WiSilica’s device layer has a rich array of device, sensor and gateway modules and peripherals. Its embedded team is looking out for the most talented Embedded Architects. The selected candidates will design and oversee development of performance critical embedded applications/modules in addition to owning key module hands-on development on their own. The candidates will need to do hardware-software interfacing and system design optimizations to meet performance benchmarks like memory footprint, speed etc. He/she will have to do quick Proof of Concepts with upcoming architectures/ standards/ specifications. Adaptation time window among multiple similar hardware / OS platforms should be minimal. The candidates will have to follow/ match international open source contributor level performance standard for their developed/ designed firmware artifacts. Above all, the successful candidate should be the “Go To Person” for embedded solution design, implementation optimization and X to device interfacing tasks.
Skills and Requirements
- Proven expertise in C and or C++ based embedded software/firmware development.
- 10+ years of Embedded development experience out of which at least 3+ years of experience is in system design/architecture.
- Experience and adaptability to multiple hardware architectures and platforms.
- Expertise in protocols/technologies such as USB, GPIO, UART, I2C, SPI, NAND and EEPROM.
- Development and design skills in Embedded Linux and or any RTOS.
- Expertise in setting up development and testing environment, making use of standard tools, IDEs, scope and analyzer devices etc.
- Expertise in reading and understanding circuit schematics.
- Should have the capability and drive to start projects from initial specs and product documents. .
- Working experience in wireless system development is a definite plus.